1. Zietman AL, Bae K, Slater JD, et al. Randomized trial comparing conventional-dose with high dose conformal radiation therapy in early-stage adenocarcinoma of the prostate: long-term results from proton radiation oncology group/american college of radiology 95-09. J. Clin. Oncol. 2010; 28(7): 1106-111
2. MacDonald S, Specht M, Isakoff S, et al. Prospective pilot study of proton radiation therapy for invasive carcinoma of the breast following mastectomy in patients with unfavorable anatomy – first reported clinical experience. Int J Radiat Oncol. 2012;84(Suppl 3):S113-S114. Abstract 281
3. Moon SH, Shin KH, Kim TH, et al. Dosimetric comparison of four different external beam partial breast irradiation techniques: three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy, intensity-modulated radiotherapy, helical tomotherapy, and proton beam therapy. Radiother Oncol. 2009;90:66-73
4. Steneker M, Lomax A, Schneider U. Intensity modulated photon and proton therapy for the treatment of head and neck tumors. Radiother Oncol. 2006;80(2):263-267
5. Taheri-Kadkhoda Z, Björk-Eriksson T, Nill S, et al. Intensity-modulated radiotherapy of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a comparative treatment planning study of photons and protons. Radiat Oncol. 2008;3:4
6. Yeung D, Malyapa RS, Mendenhall WM, et al. Dosimetric comparison of IMRT and proton therapy for head and neck tumors. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006;66(3):S412
7. Brian C. Baumann, MD1,2,3; Nandita Mitra, PhD3,4; Joanna G. Harton, MS4; et al. Comparative Effectiveness of Proton vs Photon Therapy as Part of Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy for Locally Advanced Cancer. JAMA Oncol. Published online December 26, 2019
8. Gastrostomy Tubes Decrease by Over 50% With Intensity Modulated Proton Therapy (IMPT) During the Treatment of Oropharyngeal Cancer Patients.
9. Sio, Terence & Lin, Huei-Kai & Shi, Qiuling & Gunn, Gary & Cleeland, Charles & Lee, J. & Hernandez, Mike & Blanchard, Pierre & Thaker, Nikhil & Phan, Jack & Rosenthal, David & Garden, Adam & Morrison, William & Fuller, C. & Mendoza, Tito & Mohan, Radhe & Wang, Xin & Frank, Steven. (2016). Intensity-Modulated Proton Therapy (IMPT) versus Intensity-Modulated Photon Radiotherapy (IMRT) for Oropharyngeal Cancer: First Comparative Results of Patient-Reported Outcomes. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics. 95. 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2016.02.044.
10. Holliday EB, Garden AS, Rosenthal DI, Fuller CD, Morrison WH, Gunn GB, Phan J, Beadle BM, Zhu, XR, Zhang X, Hanna E, Glisson BS, Hutcheson KA, El-Naggar AK, Hong JH, Hung TM, Uzel EK, Lewis G, Frank SJ. Proton Therapy Reduces Treatment-Related Toxicities for Patients with Nasopharyngeal Cancer: A Case-Match Control Study of Intensity-Modulated Proton Therapy and Intensity-Modulated Photon Therapy. 2015;2(1):19–28
11. Proton beam radiation therapy results in significantly reduced toxicity compared with intensity-modulated radiation therapy for head and neck tumors that require ipsilateral radiation Romesser P.B., Cahlon O., Scher E., Zhou Y., Berry S.L., Rybkin A., Sine K.M., (…), Lee N.Y. (2016) Radiotherapy and Oncology, 118 (2) , pp. 286-292.
12. Charged Particle Therapy for Nasal Cavity and Paranasal Sinus Malignancies: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis Patel, S.H. et al. International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics, Volume 90, Issue 1, S542 – S543
13. Hartsell, William; Bentefour, Hassan; Dooling, David; Mendenhall, Nancy. Proton Therapy Is Associated with Superior Survival and Decreased Risk of Complications Compared to IMRT for Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer: A Medicare/SEER Database Study. Abstract 34 Presented at PTCOG-NA October 25, 2017 at National Conference in Chicago. http://ptcog-na.org
14. Bryant Research Survey published October 2015.
15. Comparative Effectiveness Study of Proton Therapy Versus IMRT for Definitive Treatment of Prostate Cancer Based on Patient-Reported Outcomes Hoppe, B.S. et al.International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics, Volume 87, Issue 2, S346
16. Comparative Outcomes After Definitive Chemoradiotherapy Using Proton Beam Therapy Versus IMRT for Esophageal Cancer: A Retrospective, Single-Institutional Analysis. https://www.redjournal.org/article/S0360-3016(17)33516-2/abstract
17. A Multi-Institutional Analysis of Trimodality Therapy for Esophageal Cancer in Elderly Patients. https://www.redjournal.org/article/S0360-3016(17)30399-1/fulltext
18. Lymphocyte-sparing Effect of proton therapy in patients with esophageal cancer treated with definitive chemoradiation. https://theijpt.org/doi/10.14338/IJPT-17-00033.1
19. Xiang M, Chang DT, Pollom EL. Second cancer risk after primary cancer treatment with three-dimensional conformal, intensity-modulated, or proton beam radiation therapy. Cancer. 2020;0:1-9.